• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Oracle Linux is not in list of Supported Systems

It is actually also openly stated in the profile - so I have no reason to suspect a conspiracy here :)

No conspiracy, I was upfront about my affiliations and willingness to work with Plesk to add Oracle Linux as a detected platform, if not a supported one. I'm an ex-Plesk user from way back in my web/coding days, so it would be great to have Plesk support OL alongside RHEL and CentOS.

It really is a pretty tiny tweak in your detection routines, too:

Code:
# diff -u /usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py.orig /usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py
--- /usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py.orig    2015-12-06 07:34:54.152000000 +1100
+++ /usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py    2015-12-06 07:21:44.224000000 +1100
@@ -100,6 +100,9 @@
         elif distname == 'debian':
             if "Ubuntu" in issue:
                 distname = 'ubuntu'
+        elif distname == 'oracle':
+            distname = 'redhat'
+            version_prefix = 'el'

self.os_distname = distname
         self.os_version = version

Works great.

@Avi Miller thanks for supporting me. The Plesk must realize that Oracle, Java and OL is considered to be the best technologies of the world.

Here I am again posting @Avi Miller message:
Oracle Linux is one of the top 10 server distributions according to ServerWatch: http://www.serverwatch.com/columns/slideshows/top-10-linux-server-distributions-of-2015.html (#7). It's also the only Enterprise Linux distribution that is free to download, distribute and use at no cost with free updates. You also have the option of purchasing enterprise-grade support if you want. No other enterprise distribution provides both free access to updates and paid access to support.

According to Gartner (March 2013), Oracle Linux placed in the top three in the Linux server operating system market, growing more than 80 percent year-over-year in 2012, which outpaced the overall Linux server operating system market growth. It's likely that we're now the #2 Enterprise Linux distribution by revenue.

off-topic comment: Sometimes I really miss a "dislike" - button here in the forum... :rolleyes: ... especially when it comes to advertisement ... :eek:

Back