1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

osCommerce question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Jayson, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Jayson

Jayson Basic Pleskian

23%
    I have a customer who has been working to set up their osCommerce site. They would like to set up multiple products at the same time. For example:

They could have 10 to 15 different fragrances for a particular soap. i.e.

Soap: 505 Rain Mist
    510 Gardenia
    515 Jasmine
    520 Lavender
    525 Passion

Each product they have could have multiple fragrances and they do not want to enter each one individually as it is very time consuming. Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you for any help,

Jayson

2. cmurphy@

cmurphy@ Guest

there are two ways to do this.

1. Using product attributes. really you dont have 15 different products, you have 1 product (soap) that comes in 15 different flavors.

2. create seperate products for each fragrance

Both ways are easy to work with, use the "easypopulate module" for oscommerce. It allows store owners to use an excel spreadsheet to add edit and modify products, categories and attributes by simply uploading the edited excel sheet to the store admin panel!

Please see our sig ;)