• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Outbound Mail Stuck in MailEnable Outbound SMTP Queue

L

LastChoice

I have been unable to get outbound e-mail working with my new installation of Plesk 7 (Windows 2003).

Currently all outgoing mail is stuck in the SMTP Outbound Queue of MailEnable (this is visible by opening the MailEnable Administration console) with the following error message:

Socket connection to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.
This same error occurs on all outbound mail regardless of the destination mailbox (i have tried several destinations @msn, @yahoo, etc.)

Inbound mail is working fine -- I have been able to successfully send mail to accounts setup in Plesk and view the incoming messages in webmail with no issues.

I currently have the Plesk firewall turned on.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution

This problem appeared to be with the Plesk Firewall -- the default setting it is too restrictive.

I read this post:
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17107&highlight=firewall
and applied the fix suggested by Jaytee which opens UDP port 53 to properly allow DNS lookups and the problem has not recurred since (see his referenced file named pfwmng_ftp2.zip)
Originally posted by jaytee:
Hmm, probably firewall is a little bit too strict. Try this version - pfwmng_ft2.zip
Download, unpack, and replace pfwmng.js script that comes in Plesk/admin/bin with the new one. Please let us know how it works for you.
However, I have still not recieved any confirmation from sw-soft that this is a known issue with the default settings?

Back