1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Outbound Mail Stuck in MailEnable Outbound SMTP Queue

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by LastChoice, Sep 3, 2004.

1. LastChoice

LastChoice Guest

I have been unable to get outbound e-mail working with my new installation of Plesk 7 (Windows 2003).

Currently all outgoing mail is stuck in the SMTP Outbound Queue of MailEnable (this is visible by opening the MailEnable Administration console) with the following error message:

This same error occurs on all outbound mail regardless of the destination mailbox (i have tried several destinations @msn, @yahoo, etc.)

Inbound mail is working fine -- I have been able to successfully send mail to accounts setup in Plesk and view the incoming messages in webmail with no issues.

I currently have the Plesk firewall turned on.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

2. LastChoice

LastChoice Guest

Solution

This problem appeared to be with the Plesk Firewall -- the default setting it is too restrictive.

I read this post:
    http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17107&highlight=firewall
    and applied the fix suggested by Jaytee which opens UDP port 53 to properly allow DNS lookups and the problem has not recurred since (see his referenced file named pfwmng_ftp2.zip)
    However, I have still not recieved any confirmation from sw-soft that this is a known issue with the default settings?