• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Outdated SSL certificates

ItsPerona

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49
A few months ago I updated my dedicated server with plesk from ubuntu 20 to 22, when I made the change, I had some certificates in plesk assigned to some subdomains.

These subdomains currently have outdated SSL certificates because they continue to use the old certificate generated when I was using Ubuntu 20. These certificates do not appear in plesk and from Ubuntu Server when executing certbot it tells me that there are no certificates.

From Plesk it allows me to generate new certificates without a problem, but the websites continue with the old expired certificates.

Certbot should not have played a role on a Plesk installation. Were the old certs generated "manually" on the console and then uploaded to Plesk? Maybe you can review the SSL certificate drop down box on the "Hosting Settings" page of the domain(s) and select the correct, new LE cert from there? If that box already shows the correct selection, it will probably help to run
# plesk repair web <domainname>
with <domainname> being the domain that needs the cert update, because the command will remove and recreate the web server configuration files for the domain. It will use the current database entries from the Plesk psa database for it so it will use the right cert.

Back