• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Outgoing limit/PHP Handler/Resource Overuse policy changed after migration

PiyaphanI

New Pleskian
I have migrated 3 Plesk servers, all running with 17.5.3, prepared for same packages/extensions/PHP handlers.
Old servers are CentOS6 while new servers are CentOS7 (64 bit OS version, all running on VPS)

After migrated, all 3 servers found at least 1 of 3 problems below. Surprisingly that one server hit all 3 problems :(

1. Outgoing Mail limit for all domains set back to default value of new server. (all 3 servers)

2. Even prepared for same version of all PHP Handlers, but still got warning when Pre-Migration check that old server running PHP in "unknown mode"?!? and not found this Handler on the new server then Plesk selected PHP CGI served by NGINX (even it's disabled on new server). BUT I used only PHP FastCGI served by Apache for almost entire Plans and subscriptions. Some of subscription's custom PHP values have been changed to default value too. Some has been changed from PHP-FPM by NGINX to PHP-FPM by Apache too. This is very heavy problem and took so much time to look into all subscriptions to fix.
-----------
### Pre-Migration warning message
Service plan 'XXX' on source server has PHP handler
that is not installed on the target server: running in unknown mode.
Another PHP handler was selected for that service template: default Plesk handler for PHP 5.6.35 running in CGI mode
To resolve the issue, it is recommended to do one of the following:
- Install and enable such PHP handler to target server.
- Ensure that PHP handler that was selected automatically is fine for migrated web sites.
- Select appropriate PHP handler in service template once migration is finished
and synchronize the changes to subscriptions.
-----------
There are more warning about PHP version on another server but sadly I have confirmed to finish the migration. The data has been removed.

3. Overuse policy for Service Plans and all subscriptions changed from "Overuse of disk space and traffic is allowed + notify by e-mail" to "Overuse is allowed (not recommended) + NOT Notify by e-mail". So I haven't receive any overuse subscription notification e-mail after migrated.

Is it should be a bug or else? I'm very sure that I have prepared same version of PHP and all available Plesk packages.
Anyone ever face this issue? Too bad can't sleep for 3 days because always receive phone call from client :(

Hello PiyaphanI,

Thanks for your feedback! It is really important for us.
We have checked these issues and can confirm: the first issue as PMT-4373, the third as PMT-4375 and the second as already known issue PMT-4150.

Thanks for reply, Mr.D.

Another issue I forgot to report is, DNS "A" Record of all domains are missing after using command "plesk bin reconfigurator IP_FILE" on the new server after migrated.
All passed, no any error warning, all domains are replaced to the new IP instantly except A record missing from the DNS record.

Last edited:
Back