• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Outgoing Mail Control has a huge bug

Ivo

Basic Pleskian
Hello everyone

So, as the title states outgoing mail control has a huge bug. Or at least i hope it is just a bug and not working as intended.

This is the issue. If you send an email to a person and add lets say 1000 more email accounts via cc or bcc system will count that as one mail :)

Do i need to explain how big a fail that is? We have 50 mails per hour limit on our server. Yesterday e-mail got hacked and they managed to send 14000 mails in 10 minutes simply by adding 1000+ emails on CC or BCC list when sending.

Now i really hope that is some kind of bug that can be fixed asap, maybe only on our server.

But if it is not a bug, oh boy oh boy :)

So it is just us or?

Yes of course, I see it just like you
some threads have been 2 days without response
possibly the moderators are just a little stressed

Guys, how you can imagine method for determining number of allowed CC or BCC for email in scope of outgoing mail control settings for domain? We control number of emails and it works as expected, right? For example, one girl sends email with invitation to the party with 12 recipients in CC. This email will be processed by outgoing mail control and sent. Is this ok? I think so. It would be cruel do not send this email to twelve boys in CC who want to come to the party.
So, if you want to be able control number of allowed CC and BCC in scope of outgoing mail control functionality you can submit feature request on http://plesk.uservoice.com

So what your'e saying is that plugin works fine if the email hacker is dumbass who sends mail 1 by 1 (all 14 000) instead of using cc or bcc option?

any hacker knows the this "feature" of outbound Antispam will have his joy :)
feature request is a good idea

Back