• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Outgoing Mail Control permission denied on CentOS

pleskuser67553

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Outgoing Mail Control permission denied on CentOS

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63-64
CentOS Linux 7.9
AMD EPYC-Milan

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Attempts to view Outgoing Mail Control via main settings or subscription result in redirection to the home screen with a Permission denied banner. This is using the Administrator account.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

On a CentOS server using the Administrator account.

Navigate to Tools & Settings > Mail > Outgoing Mail Control

Or navigate to a Subscription and in the side bar click Change Outgoing Mail Limits

Or visit :8443/admin/outgoing-mail/

ACTUAL RESULT

Redirection to the home screen with an orange Permission denied banner.

EXPECTED RESULT

Load Outgoing Mail Control screen, as is happening on my AlmaLinux servers.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Yes, I am in the process of migrating away from CentOS... slowly :)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Hey, @pleskuser67553. Thank you for your report. I attempted to reproduce the behavior on test servers with CentOS 7.9 with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63 and 18.0.64. Unfortunately, I did not encounter the permission error by accessing the "Outgoing Mail Control" page from Tools & Settings, Subscriptions, or the direct URL. With that said, the error is likely caused due to the specific configuration of your server. Could you please enable the debug mode in Plesk and confirm if you see any permission errors?

Hello @Sebahat.hadzhi - I have not changed any permissions settings relating to Outgoing Mail Control since it was established at the time of setting up these servers. It is affecting all my CentOS servers but none of my AlmaLinux servers. I have been able to access Outgoing Mail Control many times up until now. I suspect an update has caused this permission error.

I have temporarily enabled debug mode while attempting to access Outgoing Mail Control. It's generated hundreds of log lines in a few seconds. What am I looking for, or can I private message you with the output?

Back