• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Owner & Group permission problem after server transfer

wdriver

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I've got a problem after a server transfer. (Yes ... i stuffed up but there was no going back - too late).
However it's not all bad, I have everything up and running with no errors (as far as users are concerned) and know 100% that the:
/var
/usr
/etc
/tmp
directories (and subdirectories & contents) have the correct permissions / ownerships / group settings.

However i know there are issues elsewhere on my CentOS 4.5 server with 'Owner' & 'Groups' being incorrect as a lot of it is root:root. I do know that serverwide ALL file permissions are correct (eg 600, 644, 755, etc ....) so no problems there.

I would like to upgrade to PSA 9.2.1 but am concerned that if PLESK uses other directories during the upgrade that it will crash (because of wrong owner & group permissions).

Does anyone know if PLESK resides outside of those 3 directories in any way?
Also if the PLESK Updater uses any directories outside of those 3 above?

Here's some more information to this problem that may help...

On the old server (now offline to the world but i still have access) i still have all of the files with the correct owner / group set. I could go through every directory and subdirectory and check manually and if it comes to that i will do it.

there is the possibility that i could somehow sync every files permissions/owner/group without actually syncronising the file contents. Has anybody got a solution for this as this would be the 100% best way to go to resolve this problem.

Thanks & any information would be helpful.

Wayne.
Wayne :)

Last edited:
Back