• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Owner Migration

B

bartje3

Hi,

I have several users and sites (since SB2), now using SB4. Because integration into Plesk was not always the best, all users/sites where generated with SB, not thru Plesk.
Now I want the users to have the SB-Button on their Plesk CP, so I created resellers, users thru Plesk SB-Module. This gaves me total new users/sites, is there a way to "own" existing sites, not only for trial-sites ? Could you expand this feature in the future ?
I have experimented changing the parent_id in the database with success, but could this break some things ? Should I keep an eye on something else ?
Copy the sites is not a way, because they are using too much modules, which makes it difficult.

Kind Regards,
Bart

I understand what you are talking about and it seems it will be nice to have described feature to be able to assign existing sites in Sitebuilder to appropriate domains in Plesk. I have already passed this request to development team.
As for now, it could not be done through Plesk or Sitebuilder. If you are making any database operations it is suggested always perform the backup for it before making any modifications.
You can try to make manual modification for assigning site to domain. The thing is that URL for custom button in Plesk looks like the following:

/modules/sbm3/open_sb.php?sb_server=http%3A%2F%2Fsitebuilder.hostname%2F&siteid=eec73a6c451703eaa89dde7310f114eb&login=logina%40domain.com&pswd=123qwe

you can check it in Plesk admin CP -> Domains -> domain.tld -> Custom Buttons SiteBuilder site wizard. This URL can be changed. For this you need to know siteid, login and password for user. Siteid can be gotten from Sitebuilder database 'site' table. When you get all necessary information just update the link. Only user for the site will be different, so in this case you better delete old user and leave new created users.
Hope this information will be helpful.

Back