• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs "Package Update Manager notification" is sent before checking for (new) updates

King555

Regular Pleskian
User name: King555

TITLE

"Package Update Manager notification" is sent before checking for (new) updates

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 web admin edition, Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When I get a mail in the morning from Plesk with the "Package Update Manager notification" when new system updates are available and then (e.g. in the evening) I install all the updates, I still get the notification for exactly these updates on the next morning. It looks like the mail is sent before Plesk checks for updates.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

- Enable the option "Inform about new system updates" (I translated this from the German version), but do not activate the automatic installation of them
- Wait for new updates and the notification mail
- Install all updates (I do an apt-get dist-upgrade)
- Wait until the next morning (when the "Package Update Manager notification" is usually sent)

ACTUAL RESULT

The mail shows all the updates from yesterday, which were already installed. When I do another apt-get dist-upgrade, even with apt-get update before, I do not see any updates to install.

EXPECTED RESULT

No mail notification when at the time of the notification no updates are available.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

I mentioned this also here with another PUM-notification-related question: Question - In which cases is the "Package Update Manager notification" sent (what's the logic behind it)?

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Thank you.
Developers informed that they can't reproduce this issue and suggested to ask assistance from Plesk Support Team.

Back