• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Panel and Mysql not working

E

Eyecu

Good day,
Complete a backup of my server configuration and domains. Then did a fresh install of the os (centos4 to centos5) installed plesk and completed a restore. After the restore my plesk panel isn't working. When I go to the url i get the header part with all the parallels advertisement and below that a failed to connect window.
On all my domains that use php/mysql I get stuff like the following:

MYSQL ERROR:
SELECT command denied to user 'spmembers'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_groups'
in query:
SELECT group_id, group_name FROM community.phpbb_groups WHERE group_name <> ''

and
SQL Error: SELECT agent_name, agent_fullname FROM nuke_security_agents ORDER BY agent_name

Any idea's whats causing this and what i can do to fix it. I've been at this for 13 hours at this point and can't figure it out.

Thank You

Ok got the mysql stuff figured out and all my sites are now working. But I still can't get past the plesk panel issue. Still getting the failed to connect window below the header.

A friend of mine did a silly thing. He did not like the hostname and changed it. Problem is it does not exist! Always have a working hostname for your plesk.

It's also bad as the hostname is used for mailouts, so your signing your own death if recipients check for valid hostnames!

Kinda figured that one out lol. Just going through and making sure all the setting are correct. I could have sworen i set that up properly but I guess not. Owell live and learn I guess.

Back