• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Panel blew up CPU usage and load

caomhan

New Pleskian
Hi there,

i had a problem with Plesk Control Panel (12.5.30 Update #20) on my Debian machine.
Processes like
Code:
/usr/bin/sw-engine -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -f /opt/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /opt/psa/admin/plib/.../...php handleEvent
lets CPU come to full usage und a load average of 80. Never noticed that before. What could the reason be?

Check the screenshot attached.

Regards,
Kevin

pleskprob.jpg

I'd suggest you check commands for different events in your Event Manager.
BTW, you can manage execution priority of these commands/scripts there.

Found in /var/log/plesk/panel.log that there are many MySQL connection errors like this:
Code:
[2016-02-03 11:25:17] ERR [panel] SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections:

But normally the connections are quite low on my server.
Had a really wrong parameter in my.cnf for thread_cache_size setted (64M) - why "M"?

Didn't knew i have changed this parameter. Strange...

I have no Evenets in Event Manager. Will have an eye on this. Maybe caused by the misconfigured my.cnf setting of thread_cache_size.

A similar thing happened to me this morning. When I checked /var/log/plesk/panel.log I saw that the panel log was blown up with failed login attempts. I blocked the IP address at the firewall and everything was fine after that.

Back