• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question panel.ini [mail] options; submission port 587

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

took the release of Plesk 18.0.39 with its changes as a reason to check on a few things.

panel.ini [mail] options:
There is nothing listed to allow/change/set port 587
Would have expected to see something a la
clientConfig.smtpPortSubmission 587
or similar.

Is that an oversight? Or is Plesk dev team working on it?

I'm aware of Question - Autodiscover/Autoconfig SMTP port and Fully Customizable Autodiscover Settings

Just my own opinion of course, but I would have thought that getting email autodiscover to properly allow for Submission port 587 - the de facto standard - would have a way higher priority then for example fancying up the "add subscription" window...
Proper email and auto-setup - for those who offer it as part of Plesk - is vital.
UI changes are just fancy stuff by comparison which if you're lucky might smoothen the workflow a little.

The port 587 yes/no option can be found on the Mailserver configurations page in Tools & Settings. It is a checkbox.

Hi Peter,

there is a misunderstanding. I'm not talking about enabling the Submission port in general. We've had that enabled since the day Plesk allowed for it and it's been working flawlessly ever since.

I was talking about having it as an option, even the standard, in the setup for the email auto-configuration. That is still set to 465, and needs half-done workarounds to try and have the clients use 587.

Back