• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question panel.ini [mail] options; submission port 587

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

took the release of Plesk 18.0.39 with its changes as a reason to check on a few things.

panel.ini [mail] options:
There is nothing listed to allow/change/set port 587
Would have expected to see something a la
clientConfig.smtpPortSubmission 587
or similar.

Is that an oversight? Or is Plesk dev team working on it?

I'm aware of Question - Autodiscover/Autoconfig SMTP port and Fully Customizable Autodiscover Settings

Just my own opinion of course, but I would have thought that getting email autodiscover to properly allow for Submission port 587 - the de facto standard - would have a way higher priority then for example fancying up the "add subscription" window...
Proper email and auto-setup - for those who offer it as part of Plesk - is vital.
UI changes are just fancy stuff by comparison which if you're lucky might smoothen the workflow a little.

The port 587 yes/no option can be found on the Mailserver configurations page in Tools & Settings. It is a checkbox.

Hi Peter,

there is a misunderstanding. I'm not talking about enabling the Submission port in general. We've had that enabled since the day Plesk allowed for it and it's been working flawlessly ever since.

I was talking about having it as an option, even the standard, in the setup for the email auto-configuration. That is still set to 465, and needs half-done workarounds to try and have the clients use 587.

Back