• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade checking from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4

trini18

Basic Pleskian
trying to upgrade from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4...run the installer and it does a pre check first to see if there are any errors...I do get an error and this is what it tells me...

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade checking...

WARNING: [MYSQL ERROR] Unable to connect database. The reason of problem:
WARNING: Unable to connect to local default MySQL server. Read carefully article http://kb.parallels.com/en/111983 for details.

so i check the knowladge base it tells me....and i run this command:

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="select * from databaseservers where type='mysql' and host='localhost'"

i get my username and password from it

then i run this command:
"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="Update databaseservers set admin_login='<MySQL user name>', admin_password='<type password here>' where host='localhost' and type='mysql'"

this command also works

now when i type this command:
%plesk_dir%Databases\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe" -uadmin -p<password> -hlocalhost

i get access denied with the password from the first command i did....

now when i type back the last command which is %plesk_dir%Databases\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe" -uadmin -p<password> -hlocalhost

i can log in with admin username and the password is my password to my local administrator password to my windows server am able to get in

so the problem is my passwords are 2 differnet passwords altogether the output from the command i used to retrive is different from the login to mysql.exe when i run it...and i think thats why the plesk upgrading is failing

can anyone help me on this?

thanks

actually i figured it out...i forgot to change the password to my orginal password and it passed the pre-upgrade

thanks

well i upgraded and what do you...it was a flawless installed....no problems and everything works...i didnt have to call techsupport and pay 75 bucks

this was for first upgrade since 10.x came out that it worked right out of the box

hopefully parallels got their act together and installers are working properly from now on

Back