• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

parallels plesk file permission problem

dxenaretionxd

New Pleskian
I,m trying to install a joomla site in parallels plesk panel via akeeba backup . Where I,m facing file permission issue.

An error occured

Could not open /var/www/vhosts/xyz.com/httpdocs/pearl_new/jquery.min.js for writing.

As searched all over and also in Plesk forum . I found this is a very common problem. Some suggested installing mod_suphp can solve the problem. I tried but don't know is it successfully installed or not.

Then I have created a new service plan from where in hosting parameter I select Run PHP as FastCGI

After that I took my domain to that service plan. I thought it will solve the problem. But still getting same error. Can anyone help please ?

I've also faced most permission issues with Joomla websites when they're running as apache module and then you have to put most folders on 777 and so (and 777 is not solution). Fixing this problem easy with default chmod 644 files/755 on folders is to run website as fast cgi application, as you already figure it out.

Have you tried to put on that .js file writeable permissions? Are you still getting error? Maybe some plugin/extention requires this.

It solved

Hello

Yes I have figured it out. For this I have to go under every domain settings and there I have set php to run as fastCGI. Because if you only change it in service plan then it will not effect domains. So after doing that now every file is owned by FTP user not apache and this fix permission issue completely :)

Thanks

I'm happy you fixed your problem.

Also, if you make changes to service plan it will effect ONLY domains/subscription which are not locked. They will be synced and new settings will be applied. For those who are locked, yes, you will have to do it manually.

Yes i know this don't sound very nice if you have e.g. 300-400 (or more) domains. More or less, i have that problem on my server. Problem is because if you want to renew hosting expiration date, you have to change date and because of that, your domain will remain locked (if you unlock it, subscription will be marked as expired....clients website won't work....and then you have problems). I hope Plesk Parallels team will solve this problem in future, it would make it much easier for us when we want to make changes to service plans and sync it.

Yes hope so. It was very complex before this FastCGI come on rescue. Hopefully they will make their panel much user friendly like CPanel

Both of them as specific in their own way and both of them has positive and negative benefits. I'm working with both of them, and i personally like more Plesk, which differs from people to people, everyone has own opinion :)

Back