• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5.4 crashes browser - Both Firefox & IE

W

wazupbouy

This is a brand new issue for me. I have an up-to-date version of Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5.4 and am using Firefox 14.0.1 and/or Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702. When I try to access my Plesk Panel, the browser will crash. In addition, if I access the Plesk "Server Default Page" because a document doesn't exist, it also crashes the browser.

If I open Firefox Safe Mode, it runs OK, so I assume it has to do with an Add-on or Plugin.

Anyone else having this issue?

It seems that msvcr90.dll is involved with this issue. Here is the info from the event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 8/21/2012
Time: 11:25:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description: Faulting application firefox.exe, version 14.0.1.4577, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.30729.6161, fault address 0x0006ccd5.

Source of problem found...

I found the actual source of the problem. It is the Norton Toolbar version 2012.5.5.11. If you disable this in either Firefox or Internet Explorer, then Plesk is just fine.

Parallels should work with Norton to fix this issue since so many people are Norton users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Norton fixed this issue. Originally they said to run LiveUpdate and reboot, which I did to no avail. Even though all updates were done, it was still crashing. After about a day, they told me to run the LiveUpdate again and reboot. I did and it now works in IE, Fireofx, and Chrome.

Great customer service Norton! This was all handled via Twitter! Awesome job! That is why I recommend and sell your products to my customers!

Follow them @NortonSupport

Follow me @completetech

Back