• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk control panel doesn't work correctly when using mobile connections

TriJoe

New Pleskian
The issue
I've recently had to switch to a 4G connection and I've been having issues logging in since. Upon logging in, it logs out instantly.

What I have tried
  • I've tested this on 3 plesk servers, one is on with a completely different web host, unrelated to the first two. The same issue happens on all 3.
  • I've tested this on 2 different 4G routers, and a 5G router, and 2 different sim cards. The issue happens on all devices / simcards.
  • I've tested from another PC on a normal fibre internet connection, the issue doesn't occur to any of the 3 servers.
  • I've tested from a laptop on the same mobile connections, and the issue still occurs.
  • I've tested on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, with both normal and private browsing modes. Issue happens every time.
My observations
  • The IP address on the mobile connections changes frequently, but not between logging in and being logged out again.
  • The issue did go away briefly when I bought a 5G router, but the problem came back days later.
  • While getting HAR logs from Chrome, I logged in (and automatically back out) several times, but then on the last attempt, I stayed logged in, long enough to click some links before being logged out again.
  • I don't have issues with any other control panels for other platforms.

My bad, I didn't think this was the issue as the IP isn't changing that frequently, but it's not logged out since.

Home > Tools & Settings > Sessions Management
Allow IP address changes during a single session: Enable

Back