• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Premium Antivirus ?

mike2010

Basic Pleskian
Is this newly renamed item mostly just Dr. Web ...and just scans emails for Viruses.

Or is it suppose to check for viruses that may be on the server as well ?

also, How do I tell Dr. Web to only update its definitions once a day...instead of every half hour ? It seems to be set somewhere where it updates every 30 minutes. I checked "scheduled tasks" and set that to only 3am to run..... yet Dr. Web update.pl still shows up in my /var/log/messages every 30 minutes.

Last edited:
I have had problems with Dr. Web since I began using Parallels. It sure seems like it has a mind of its own. When it changed to the new name, I still saw some of the same problems, and regrettably the only thing that stopped the error emails was disabling it via the command line. Is yours by chance running error free?

If you have hard loaded mail server and a lot of emails through this server, not sure that rare viruses base updating is good idea.

If you have hard loaded mail server and a lot of emails through this server, not sure that rare viruses base updating is good idea.

How about instead an option to not constantly fill my email box with update alerts?
Maybe a log section for it, or putting it into a daily / weekly / monthly email?
Perhaps only emailing when updates fail for some reason?

There are a lot of options I see that would allow it to have the same power with less bulk in the incoming mailbox.

Is yours by chance running error free?

For the most part its error free, but how the heck do I tell this thing to only update virus definitions once a day instead of every 30 minutes ?

currently my cron shows-

0 3 * * * /opt/drweb/update.pl

Yet it still updates every 30 minutes.

And once again, is Parallels Premium Antivirus mostly just an email thing ? Even when I turn off Parallels Premium Antivirus in Services Management , it still checks for updates every 30 minutes.

I'm also not too found of the company operating out of Russia... I dunno...maybe its just me.

Back