• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels: you should be ashamed

T

taylort

How Plesk 9 ever made it to beta, much less production, is beyond me. Do you guys do any beta testing at all? Any real-world testing? Do you have monkeys code this and then release it to the world, hoping to fix things as they come up? Do you even realize that you have real customers who also have real customers that we have to answer to? And with all of that in mind, this is the best you can come up with? You should be ashamed.

We had a very standard Plesk 8.3 installation and upgraded our server to Plesk 9. What a mistake. I should invoice you for the last 20 hours I have spent troubleshooting your broken and nearly worthless control panel. Every time I upgrade I regret it. Every time. Never again.

Oh and the icing on the cake? We, your customers, are posting about all the issues we are having with your disastrous 'product' and you sit idly by, not responding to a single thread. It seems the only competent part of your company is the marketing department - they should be winning awards for somehow keeping you guys in business.

I bet if you hired monkeys, sent them to the worst programming school in the world for six weeks, loaded them up on acid, put them all in a 130* room and told them to program a control panel they could come up with something better than this in 30 hours flat. Not only should you issue all of your customers refunds, you should issue an apology and notify your customers that everyone responsible for releasing this worthless embarrassment you call a finished product has been fired.

Wow! We're considering migration our control panel to Plesk 9.x for Windows and buying a number of other Plesk solutions (billing, etc). The last thing we want to do is migrate to an unstable buggy plateform. We've shot our selves many times before finaly resting with the now legacy, unsupport Helm 3 panel, which is rock solid. However, all good thing come to an end and we are forced to make a move to support the latest technologies.

My question is, and this is not just direct to taylort, are these issues related to upgrading from 8.x to 9.x or is it an issue directly related to 9.x? We'll be implementing a fresh install of 9.x and hopefully utilize the migration tool.

Most of the problems I experience are with the migrations, but I do have several fresh installs that have issues as well.

9.0 introduced some major changes to the plesk control panel and it's database. They simply did not take the time to identify problems in the product before it was rushed to release.

If we had access to the changelog from Beta to Release, I bet we'd see that the 9.01 update had more fixes. Parallels treats their PAYING customers as beta testers to help fix their problems then they charge you for that support as well.

I don't know why they rushed the release. They probably wanted something to brag about at the parallels summit.

If you are familiar with Helm and are looking to have distributed sevices in windows 2k8 for SQL, mail, web, dns, etc... Go with dot net panel. Plesk 9 is simply not ready yet.

No - this is NOT just an upgrade problem. Plesk 9.0 is VERY buggy. Some are just little annoying bugs, but the backup platform is UNWORKABLE. I was very happy with Plesk 8.6 and it seemed rock-solid, but Plesk 9.0 is change for the sake of change and broke many of the excellent features that 8.6 had. I would point you to a different control panel or v8.6 of Plesk; however, the performance of Parallels in the midst of this horrible deployment of 9.0 has been less than stellar and downright frustrating. So I would definitely say - think twice before investing in this company/product.

Plesk 8.6 for Linux is ROCK SOLID and I do recommend it to everybody who needs a stable and secure platform.
However, you should NOT upgrade to 9, nor install it for a production platform yet !
I am confident that also 9 will become as stable and robust as the 8.6 version.
But be patient and wait untill V 9.1.* (or later).
I have been using plesk for almost 10 years now and this 9.0 is just as bad as the first Windows version was in 2004

I'm sure glad we didn't upgrade to plesk 9.0. Way back in the 7.6 > 8.0 days we learned our lesson and ever since then I'll _NEVER_ trust a .0 release from Parallels and seldom trust a .1 release. I've got to say, with all the time that they put into development, I've found the internal workings of plesk to just be plain backasswords. It seems like hack ontop of hack ontop of hack.

I think I'm going to wait till Plesk 10.2.2 comes out before I upgrade. :D

Back