• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Partition Recommendations

C

chrisl@

Guest
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has partition recommendations for a Fedora install. Really what I am looking for is where the bulk of the data for plesk will be. What is the directory structure for user content webroot, db, etc so I can make this the largest partition. I have not done a plesk install before so looking for suggestions.

-chrisl
 
Originally posted by chrisl
What is the directory structure for user content webroot, db, etc so I can make this the largest partition.
With Plesk 7.5.3 and earlier it defaults to using

/home/httpd/vhosts/domain.tld...

With 7.5.4 on fresh OS (newer distros) it defaults to

/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld...

Upgrades to 7.5.4 usually will be the /home/httpd/vhosts/....
 
thanks that is what I needed, this is a totally fresh install.
 
Didn't know that. Was there a particular reason for changing do we know?
 
There was a heated post some weeks ago about this issue. It comes down to Plesk adhering to FHS = Filesystem Hierarchy Standard

Regardless, you can change the vhost path in /etc/psa/psa.conf:

# Virtual hosts directory
HTTPD_VHOSTS_D /home/httpd/vhosts

for new OS installs if you don't want to have it in /var/www/vhosts.

For more on this topic, see pages 4,5, 6 at

https://forum.plesk.com/showthread....perpage=15&highlight=file system&pagenumber=4

As to recommendations for partitions:

I and many people just do:

/boot
/
/swap
/tmp (optional)

where '/' is the largest amount possible, /boot is the smallest for the distro needs

/tmp being separate is always in debate, making it no exec is one thing, but not really a strong protection for the server. Kernel hardening and other methods/configs will do you much better.
 
Back
Top