• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Partition "/usr" utilization is too full

Topkat

New Pleskian
Hello. I am running a 1and1 server with Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 and ‪CentOS Linux 7.5.1804. Today I checked my Server Health monitor and noticed a notice that stated "Partition "/usr" utilization" needs attention as it's 80% full (3.85 GB of 4.80 GB). So I logged into the terminal and typed in: vgdisplay -v vg00

And it displayed the following warnings and info. Can anyone explain what this stuff means and how to fix it? I tried to do some research on it but I couldn't find anything. The server has been online since June and it has been working fine until this notice came up.

WARNING: found device with duplicate /dev/md3
WARNING: found device with duplicate /dev/sdb3
WARNING: Disabling lvmetad cache which does not support duplicate PVs.
WARNING: Scan found duplicate PVs.
WARNING: Not using lvmetad because cache update failed.
WARNING: Not using device /dev/md3 for PV pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8.
WARNING: Not using device /dev/sdb3 for PV pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8.
WARNING: PV pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8 prefers device /dev/sda3 because of previous preference.
WARNING: PV pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8 prefers device /dev/sda3 because of previous preference.
WARNING: Device mismatch detected for vg00/usr which is accessing /dev/md3 instead of /dev/sda3, /dev/sda3.
WARNING: Device mismatch detected for vg00/var which is accessing /dev/md3 instead of /dev/sda3, /dev/sda3, /dev/sda3.
WARNING: Device mismatch detected for vg00/home which is accessing /dev/md3 instead of /dev/sda3.
--- Volume group ---
VG Name vg00
System ID
Format lvm2
Metadata Areas 1
Metadata Sequence No 10
VG Access read/write
VG Status resizable
MAX LV 0
Cur LV 3
Open LV 3
Max PV 0
Cur PV 1
Act PV 1
VG Size 925.51 GiB
PE Size 4.00 MiB
Total PE 236931
Alloc PE / Size 16692 / 65.20 GiB
Free PE / Size 220239 / <860.31 GiB
VG UUID l0PoFA-oG3D-ZWbr-nXfm-5Q61-U4Rd-4ihRGv

--- Logical volume ---
LV Path /dev/vg00/usr
LV Name usr
VG Name vg00
LV UUID 4ycoWn-JF6o-doek-PdCk-Je5y-w1Kf-HlPOrM
LV Write Access read/write
LV Creation host, time ,
LV Status available
# open 1
LV Size 30.20 GiB
Current LE 7732
Segments 2
Allocation inherit
Read ahead sectors auto
- currently set to 8192
Block device 253:0

--- Logical volume ---
LV Path /dev/vg00/var
LV Name var
VG Name vg00
LV UUID gNmGNU-3q11-c1X0-QkIh-S9o7-ksBf-2Wo8MO
LV Creation host, time ,
LV Status available
# open 1
LV Size 30.00 GiB
Current LE 7680
Segments 3
Allocation inherit
Read ahead sectors auto
- currently set to 8192
Block device 253:1

--- Logical volume ---
LV Path /dev/vg00/home
LV Name home
VG Name vg00
LV UUID 2VbTMY-J9L9-A0uQ-qF41-hnKO-7YFI-dFodrm
LV Creation host, time ,
LV Status available
# open 1
LV Size 5.00 GiB
Current LE 1280
Segments 1
Allocation inherit
Read ahead sectors auto
- currently set to 8192
Block device 253:2

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/sda3
PV UUID pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8
PV Status allocatable
Total PE / Free PE 236931 / 220239

Here's a quick update, my disk size for /usr was 30gb, but Plesk was only reporting 4.8. After reading the link below, I went back to Server Health Monitor and clicked on "Detect Hardware Changes" and now it's reporting the correct disk size and I no longer have a warning notice about my disk size.

Hardware changes are not reflected/updated in the Plesk Health Monitor

However the notices below still come up... any idea what the problem could be? My usr folder should be around 2gb but it's reporting 4gb. There seems to be some problem with duplicate data, but why?

WARNING: found device with duplicate /dev/md3
WARNING: found device with duplicate /dev/sdb3
WARNING: Disabling lvmetad cache which does not support duplicate PVs.
WARNING: Scan found duplicate PVs.
WARNING: Not using lvmetad because cache update failed.
WARNING: Not using device /dev/md3 for PV pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8.
WARNING: Not using device /dev/sdb3 for PV pvSUy3-dItc-QvoR-rTXz-WAQz-Aj0X-c7KlD8.
WARNING: Device mismatch detected for vg00/usr which is accessing /dev/md3 instead of /dev/sda3, /dev/sda3.
WARNING: Device mismatch detected for vg00/var which is accessing /dev/md3 instead of /dev/sda3, /dev/sda3, /dev/sda3.
WARNING: Device mismatch detected for vg00/home which is accessing /dev/md3 instead of /dev/sda3.

Well, it seems to be that the UUID of /dev/sdb3 and /dev/sda3 is identical... I have the same issue here, but no solution. Anyone ?...

/dev/sda3: UUID="dba517ac-98f7-95b9-1f51-fb8978ee93fe" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
/dev/sdb3: UUID="dba517ac-98f7-95b9-1f51-fb8978ee93fe" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
/dev/md3: UUID="RHQ1Ba-QtDD-BRRM-J3qJ-Kyoi-yVA5-jaKuif" TYPE="LVM2_member"

Ralf

One of my servers needed both drives replaced and re-imaged (same company and system as above)
I tried to Extent the var and usr size but failed with the same warnings.
On phone with support now, hoping they have solution in this situation.

After several re-imagings with CentOS/Plesk and some testing at data center, concluded a distro switch should avoid the issue. Ubuntu/Plesk is running fine!

Back