• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Passing authorization header to PHP - Flesk's fcgid seems to be in the way

Septagram

New Pleskian
I'm trying to configure a PHP application that requires passing through the Authorization header. The server in question is a production server, so there's little room for experiment - any changes that are not easily reversible are out of question. The operating system installed on the server is OpenSUSE 11.1, and Plesk version is 9.5.2. I believe Apache is configured to launch PHP scripts through fcgid. First thing I tried to solve the problem was to add the following to the /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file:

Code:
<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
    FcgidPassHeader     Authorization
</IfModule>

Unfortunately, when trying to restart Apache, I was given the following message:

Code:
Invalid command 'FcgidPassHeader', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

After plenty of googling, I have discovered that Plesk installs its own implementation of fcgid, and until version 10.4.4 it doesn't support the FcgidPassHeader option. The suggested solution is to replace the Plesk's own fcgid with the standard one. The problem is I'm doubtful the solution will work correctly. On my machine, when listing fcgid packages, I get:

Code:
magic:~ # rpm -qa | grep 'fcgid'
apache2-mod_fcgid-2.2-31.81
psa-mod-fcgid-configurator-1.0.1-0.280998

This suggests that the stock fcgid has already been installed, so installing it anew, as suggested in the guide, is probably pointless. Besides, I'm worried that if it works, but things go wrong in some other esoteric way, I won't be able to reverse the changes.

I'm aware that newer versions of Plesk are supposed to support this configuration option, but, as mentioned above, something as complex as upgrade is too dangerous. I'm not an expert on Apache configuration, but I suppose there might be some way to specify where the modules are loaded from and to point Apache to its own fcgid, changing the configuration only slightly and in a controlled way, so it could be reversed. Or, alternately, that Plesk 9 has it's own configuration option for doing the same thing.

Please people, can you help me?

Back