• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password Protect Plesk Login Page, Now License Can't Be Renewed

magestyx

Basic Pleskian
After hours of research and testing, I was finally able to lockout the main Plesk (11) admin login page with an additional htaccess login/password combo as I've done using easier methods on older Plesk servers. This is so important since there's so much hacking going on. After all, what hacker doesn't know the whole <sitename>:8443 link at this point where they can have a field day brute-forcing?

Now the Plesk license key expired, locking me out of my whole server all of a sudden, and I'm told by the people I rent the server from that Parallels has to login through that page to renew the license key each month. I'm also told there's no yearly license or other way to lockout the page. What a f$%@#cking stupid system!

Question: How else can I lockout the page from hackers and still allow Parallels to do the license renewals?

Question: Why doesn't Parallels at least have a yearly license available or have a different method for renewing the license? You're punishing your users and causing me a ton of headaches because of this!

Comment: This is why I love it when hackers strip out licensing code from systems like this and allow people to use those versions. If a company is going to use such dumb *** methods of licensing restrictions that inconvenience legit end-users, you deserve to have it hacked and redistributed. Yes, I'm pretty pissed off at this after having to deal with Plesk server hacks for YEARS now. My older servers don't have this issue and I can lock them out fine. You listening, Parallels?

Magestyx

You should just allow outgoing connection to ka.parallels.com:5224 (nowdays IP is 77.245.23.80) for automatic renewals and leave behind your server's locking.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to accomplish, and I didn't change any of that to begin with. The people I rent the server from say that the new version of Plesk requires Parallels to login to Plesk to do the license update, not the other way around anymore.

Back