• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Password Protected Directories

S

suite224

Hello,

I have an issue with protecting directories via password. Essentially I have a company who all access one folder and within the folder lie about 30 subdirectories. Each user has access to several of these folders. My problem is that after I add the folder to be protected and create a username to access it, I get a login failure; however users in the local users on the Windows domain (I.E administrators group) can log in all day. It's like I have to add administrator accounts in order to access a subdirectory for one domain I host. I feel I have tried everything. It's like the Plesk engine isn't creating a username database for users to connect. I have went into IIS, enabled permissions for all I could see. Is there a user or group that needs to be added so they can successfully authenticate? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

JD

Back