• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password protected directories

A

abyrne

I have Plesk for Windows 7.0.1 (build 040810.22) running on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. It is a clean install of this version.

I am trying to implement password protected directories, however it does nothing apart from create the directory name if it doesn't already exist. It's still accessible by anyone without authentication.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Seeing how no-one (especially Plesk) seem interested in answering this question, I've found the answer to the problem.

You need to install IIS Password or URL Protector to achieve this.

Point taken, but as the author stated, this is NO use if you have lots of domains on your server and for newly added accounts as it can't be added to your Global IIS ISAPI configuration.

URLProtector and IISPassword CAN however.

I hope this problem won't exist when 7.5 comes out. I would be nice for something to work right for once.

- Matt

When you're talking about Plesk, I find it almost impossible to believe that everything will work out the box.

It never has done in the past and probably never will.

Back