• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password Protected Directory not working

FizzyDev

New Pleskian
So I thought I'd test the Password Protection feature and tried to set up protection on a new folder [domain]/secure

From
Websites & Domains > Advanced Settings > Password-protected Directories
Add Protected Directory > Directory name = "/secure" OK

I then selected the new folder "/secure" and continued to "Add New User"

That seemed pretty easy and as expected. However, I then discovered a few issues

[1] visiting [domain]/secure prompted for login credentials and upon entering them it rejected and continued to prompt for login details. Inspecting the directory structure (via remote desktop to server) I could not find a new folder named "secure"

[2] visiting [domain] had the same result as [1] - ie the whole domain was now password protected and wouldn't authorise the user/pw

[3] After removing the protection from the directory, plesk returned " Protection was successfully removed from the selected directories.", however [2] was still an issue.

So I was unable to get a working protected directory as intended and now the whole website is protected and will not authorise even with the user/pw that was set up.

Help!

System:
Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite272;product3
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #57, last updated at Oct 31, 2013 12:52 AM
The system is up to date; last checked at Feb 6, 2015 12:51 AM

Back