• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Password Protected Directory not working

chubba

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Just upgraded to Obsidian and password protection on directories seems to be failing. Here's an example of the plesk-stat folder:
1585055406105.png

If I hit the page on the site /plesk-stat I get an nginx 404. It looks like the htpasswd stuff is all correct in the confs and the password files are there but the page won't load. Remove the folder protection and the page loads. Any idea why the password request isn't being passed over to Apache correctly by nginx?

Just tested on another site on the server and it's working fine, just appears to be an issue with this one domain...

I had following error with password protection:
I added password protection in Plesk but the folder didn't get protected. After analysing Plesk logfiles, Plesk didn't regenerate the Apache/Nginx configuration files of the Domain.
To force Plesk to do so, I entered in the configuration of Apache/Nginx under the Domain Panel, introduced a " " in the file and saved it.
This has forced Plesk to update the configuration files but NOT to restart Apache/Nginx!!!! Only after manually restarting Apache (thru Plesk Management Button) the password protected folder was finally protected!

Back