• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password reset after manual migration

N

neek

Hi,

Around a week ago I manually migrated a number of accounts from Direct Admin over to plesk 8. In order to retain the users email passwords, I manually copied over the password hash from Direct Admin into the /var/qmail/users/poppasswd file on Plesk.

This worked fine initially. But today I was removing spamassassin rpm and reinstalling with a different version to run 4psa's Spam solution rather than plesk.

After this i started getting reports of users passwords not working. When I did a manual compare of the hash fields they had all changed, but a lot of the hashes matched, I'm assuming to the account level password??

Some email passwords had not changed, and these accounts were all ones that had not had their password hash transfered, or had changed their password since the migration.

So my assumption here is that some sort of security check is performed against the database, and hashes that have changed are reset??

So my question is if this is the case, how can I stop it happening again in the future without having to get all my users to reset their passwords?

Thanks
Nick

Back