• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Passwords Missing After Migration

Alex Haines

New Pleskian
I have just migrated from PP 9.5.5 on Win Server 2008 R2 to PP 11.5 on Win Server 2012.

The data seems to have come across but two problems have emerged:

1. Previous paswords are no longer valid.
  2. Subfolders from Mailenable emails have not come across.

The most important one right now is the passwords. Is there a way to find out what passwords the PMM has set? I couldn't find a way so have looked at using the script here -> http://kb.parallels.com/en/113391 . However this does not run as it fails to include a file: CryptManager.php.

HELP!

Thanks in advance!

Still No

Thanks for the reply Igor, but even without the --cbm option it still fails:

Code:
PHP parse or compilation error in D:\plesk-password\plesk_password_changer.php at 59: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\object_managers\CryptManager.php' (include_path='C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib/billing-libs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib/lib-tk/include/pear;C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\externals;C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-tk\include/pear')

Any other ideas?

Is there somewhere the PMM will have logged what it set the passwords to during migration?

Still some details are not clear.
1. Previous paswords are no longer valid.

What kind of passwords? For whom? Client, reseller, mail account or some kind of other user type?

2. Subfolders from Mailenable emails have not come across.

I believe IMAP subfolders are meant here? Could you please elaborate what kind of version and edition of MailEnable you have installed on Plesk 9.5.5?

I ask it because it is better to fix it in the product than search for some workaround.

1) The missing passwords seem to be for any account type (email, ftp, web users etc) if the password from the old server was not 'strong enough'. I assume that the passwords have been reset by PMM but I can find no evidence of this in the logs. If PMM has changed the passwords, where would I find them?

2) Yes I do indeed mean IMAP subfolders. Destination and source server both used MailEnable 7.09 Professional. The system logs complained about invalid characters in the file name for all subfolders and emails. I was able to manually copy the subfolders and messages over afterwards using a simple copy/paste.

3) I still can not use the Plesk Mass Password Changer script!

2) Yes I do indeed mean IMAP subfolders. Destination and source server both used MailEnable 7.09 Professional. The system logs complained about invalid characters in the file name for all subfolders and emails. I was able to manually copy the subfolders and messages over afterwards using a simple copy/paste.

hello!
this issue is fixed in MU#10.

Back