• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Past access log files

masaro

New Pleskian
Hello there,
i am looking for access logs regarding July 2021, but apparently i can only find recent ones.

Does anybody know where the previous files are stored? I have looked inside

/var/logs/apache2
/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/logs

Thanks

Hi, do you have log rotation enabled in Server-Settings? There you can find the time logs are kept on disk.

Yes, it is a "By size" log rotation, and i can find the recent logs.
But i am looking for older ones, July 2021 in this case.

You checked it within the domain's log rotation settings.
Please check the system wide log rotation in Tools & Settings -> system settings.
There, a time period can be defined.

Under
"Server Settings"

i have
"Log rotate"

with an unflagged
"Force daily log rotation for all domains"

which i guess it means there is no log rotation system-wide (but eventually domain by domain).

However looking at the log rotation configs on the domain of my interest seems like the rotation is set, and that is instructed to compress and rotate files bigger than 10240 KB, zipping them and storing a maximum of 10. Can i suppose the others are just being canceled?

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 6
Under
"Server Settings"

i have
"Log rotate"

with an unflagged
"Force daily log rotation for all domains"

which i guess it means there is no log rotation system-wide (but eventually domain by domain).

However looking at the log rotation configs on the domain of my interest seems like the rotation is set, and that is instructed to compress and rotate files bigger than 10240 KB, zipping them and storing a maximum of 10. Can i suppose the others are just being canceled?
Yeah, your settings means that a maximum of 10 log files are stored, each with a maximum file size of 10240 KB. All older log files are deleted and you cannot get them back.

Do you keep backups? If so, is "Exclude log files" in your backup settings checked or not?

Back