• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question path of subscribers domains

Frank1000

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
i think a subscriber can have multiple domains, which is also my case and i remember i have added domains under a single subscriber.
Now when i go plesk/domains/click on domain/hosting settings to point the domain to a certain app folder on the server, it still shows me root/httpdocs, which indicates a vhost environment per domain, while i want to break out of the domain based environment.

How do i set the absolute server path for a domain ?

Regards,
Frank

Hi Peter,
is there another way to setup the domains, so not to have multiple vhosts and be able set the absolute path for a domain
i find it not possible, that a hosting app would not offer this most fundamental feature.

Regards,
Frank

Hi Peter,
thx for reply. Yes, im into building a background app that supports multiple domains. The app works on another shared server fine and i switched to 1u1 CloudServer which by default has plesk.
All domains already point to the shared IP, only the paths for each domain now need to be set to the same absolute path and the app can roll.

Regards,
Frank

I am afraid that this is unsupported. You could however add your domains to a single subscription and use the same document root directory for each domain inside that subscription.

... i was wondering what the correct syntax would be to set the server-path for a domain via transvhost.pl to "root/var/www/my-destination-folder". Rt now its not clear to me when i read the --help

Image_2017-02-17__21-36-25__1487363786.jpg

This script is for moving the virtual host base directory to a new location. It will not solve your task.

You can create subscriptions. Subscriptions derive from the vhost path. You cannot point domains to the vhost path. You can only control the document root directory of domains inside subscriptions.
You could however add your domains to a single subscription and use the same document root directory for each domain inside that subscription.

Ok great. I do have one subscription only, but seems the domains are not yet under it. How can I move them to the single subscription I have there ?

Regards Frank

Domains cannot be moved from one subscription into another. It's a feature request that has not yet become reality. You need to delete the domains from other subscriptions and re-create them in the target subscription.

Back