• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Pb with update module

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

For a few days, we are having problems accessing the updates module. And this on several servers (4 at this moment).
Link: https://xxx.com:8443/admin/update/product/

After a few minutes, we get a timeout page.

We don't have change our firewall.
Has access (url, IP, port ...) changed recently or after an update?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Erwan,

pls. check manually, if there are some ( orphaned ) "autoinstaller" - instances:

Example:
Code:
ps aux | grep installer
and "kill" the PID, with for example:
Code:
kill -9 XXXXX
( where XXXX has to be replaced with the ( possible ) found PID - Number from your previous command )​

Thanks UFHH01. It's ok now.

But when I launch the update of the latest version of Onyx, I have the window "
Download the new version of the Plesk Installer" and remains blocked on this window (20 mn)....

I think the problem is at this level.
If i close the window, and i launch the updates module, i have the same pb than before.

Hi Erwan,

could you pls. post without abbreviations and acronyms?

"pb" stands for "problem" ?
"mn" stands for "minutes" ?

If i close the window, and i launch the updates module, i have the same pb than before.
This is exactly the situation, that an existent autoinstaller - instance is running and only ONE instance is allowed/possible to be run.

If you close the browser window, you don't actually finish the current process, you just leave it at the current state. Even that Plesk will "normally" automatically finish such orphaned processes after 30 minutes, you should investigate, WHY the process is hanging. In most cases, you missed to open port 8447, or any other misconfiguration of your firewall prevents the expected behaviour.

Sorry:
"pb" stands for "problem" ?
=> yes
"mn" stands for "minutes" ?
=> yes

If you close the browser window, you don't actually finish the current process, you just leave it at the current state. Even that Plesk will "normally" automatically finish such orphaned processes after 30 minutes, you should investigate, WHY the process is hanging. In most cases, you missed to open port 8447, or any other misconfiguration of your firewall prevents the expected behaviour.

Ok but why i don't have problem with "standard update ou upgrade" (for example, i've no problem for adding PHP version).
But when i want to upgrade to Onyx 17.5, i've before the window "Download the new version of the Plesk Installer" which remains blocked?

Port 8447 is open.

In which log files can I find the error information?

Hi Erwan,

pls check the PID - Number with "strace"
Example:
Code:
strace -p $PID
to be able to investigate, why it didn't continue as expected.

[root@xxxxx ~]# strace -p 28376
Process 28376 attached
read(13,

Since 45 min. No more information.

Hi Erwan,

did you consider to upgrade via the command line ( as user "root" logged in over SSH ) ?

Example command:
Code:
plesk installer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back