• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Performance Booster settings

tanasis

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #4
Hello,
I ran Performance Booster when I had MariaDB 10.3.35 and xyz number of websites. Now I have MariaDB 10.11.6 and xyz plus 20 websites.
I think the "Current value" settings are the same...
If I add 20-30 more websites, shouldn't these settings change?
Is it correct as operation? Are the "Current value" settings automatically updated depending on the sites and DBs, or do they have to be manually updated somehow?

1700551164378.png

The configuration will not be updated in the background or automatically.

I suggest to install and run the "mysqltuner" tool from Github sources, run it and let it analyze the database transactions for a day, then you'll get many usefull suggestions on optimal database settings from that tool.

The configuration will not be updated in the background or automatically.

If I press REVERT button and run it again ? Will it take new values?

I suggest to install and run the "mysqltuner" tool from Github sources, run it and let it analyze the database transactions for a day, then you'll get many usefull suggestions on optimal database settings from that tool.

I found this link GitHub - major/MySQLTuner-perl: MySQLTuner is a script written in Perl that will assist you with your MySQL configuration and make recommendations for increased performance and stability.
Is it OK ?

With the "Performance Schema" you can monitor a database server's performance, but you cannot speed it up. Please see the details here:
This is completely independent from Plesk's "Performance Booster". You can use both.

It is most likely safe to revert settings. What the performance booster for MariaDB does is that it adds an extra file with settings for the database server. You can also edit that "include" manually. But I will not say definitely that nothing can happen when modifying database settings. I don't know all the settings of your system, there can alway be issues. Very likely though, turning the extra settings off won't hurt.

I did REVERT and Optimize again.
From my previous screenshot changed only (check Current Value) the innodb_buffer_pool_size and innodv_log_file_size

Nothing else...

1700571200547.png

@tanasis Hello! I could try to answer on your questions:
1. If I add 20-30 more websites, shouldn't these settings change? No, the settings should not change..
2. If I press REVERT button and run it again ? Revert will reset the values from the column Previous value
3. Will it take new values? It depends on current server configuration.
4. Is it safe the REVERT button on a production server? The most dangerous thing: restarting the mariadb server

Note: If the server settings are incorrect or InnoDB corruptions exist, the server will not be able to restart. In this case, you need to revert the changes by running the "plesk ext performance-booster db:revert-settings" CLI command.

Back