• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Perl Component not Installed

C

chuck.boyer

I'm getting a Component was not installed message for a domain after using a domain template and selecting that component. Is perl not installed by default with Plesk 7.0? Do I need to install that separately now? I thought it was installed by default in version 6.5.

Thanks.

I had to install active perl, set up the web service extensions, then configure our cgi application. We had several permissions issues so we granted full perms on the Plesk IIS user for that domain in the appropriate directories.

You should be able to re-run the installer and install additional components like Perl or SiteApplications after the initial install. We do not install "everything" by default anymore.

When I did the initial installation, I did a complete install so before I installed active perl, I looked at doing that. Perl was not an option in the installer list.

Thanks.

Back