• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Perl scripts ask for authentication

V

vnchristina

Recently on our Plesk server all perl scripts have stopped working. For instance a frommail.pl script. When we try to browse to the file, it prompts for authentication. This seems to be the case for all accounts and regardless of where the file is located, ie cgi-bin or httpdocs. If you click cancel, the following error is produced:

'HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)'

It seems pretty straightforward, however I have gone through the permissions and do not see a problem. I have also tried the Plesk reconfigurator to repair permissions and to repair the installation. Plesk has not been updated. To my knowledge there has not been any other server updates. New accounts have been added, but that's about it for changes.

When I log in, with 'administrator' and the admin password a browser says the following:

'%1 is not a valid Win32 application.''

We've also noticed MailEnable will not run anymore. When attempting to start it from the Plesk interface the same error as above occurs.

Something seems seriously messed up, but I'm at a loss as for where to go next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It turns out it was related to the mailenable problem. There was a file called 'Program' in the root directory. Once I renamed it both mailenable and perl scripts worked again.

Back