• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Permission PHP settings

Pleskie

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

This page says:

Common PHP settings management
Allows the subscriber to adjust common PHP settings individually for each website (subdomain) in their subscription.

Note: If this permission is granted, then the common PHP settings are not synced.

This last sentence ... what does that mean?

I have created a service plan that grants permission for "php version and handler management". I created a subscription/domain based on this service plan. I then added a custom PHP setting to this domain.

After doing this, I added a custom PHP setting to the service plan and I changed the max_execution_time parameter. Since the note above says that settings are not synced, I expected that the custom PHP settings from the newly created domain would not have changed. BUT ... I was wrong. The custom setting I added to the domain was gone ... instead the setting I added to the service plan was added ... and also the max_execution_time had changed accordingly to the service plan.

So in very short:
- We have service plan A that grants permission to change PHP settings
- We create domain B (based on service plan)
- We add custom PHP setting to B (domain).
- We add custom PHP setting to A (service plan).
- Domain B looses custom setting and is updated according to A (service plan).

So my question is, what does "If this permission is granted, then the common PHP settings are not synced." mean?

* EDIT * In addition to this question ... how can I add custom PHP settings to different domains, while still being able to update the corresponding service plan (and domains) without loosing the custom per domain settings?

Last edited:
Back