• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Permission PHP settings

Pleskie

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

This page says:

Common PHP settings management
Allows the subscriber to adjust common PHP settings individually for each website (subdomain) in their subscription.

Note: If this permission is granted, then the common PHP settings are not synced.

This last sentence ... what does that mean?

I have created a service plan that grants permission for "php version and handler management". I created a subscription/domain based on this service plan. I then added a custom PHP setting to this domain.

After doing this, I added a custom PHP setting to the service plan and I changed the max_execution_time parameter. Since the note above says that settings are not synced, I expected that the custom PHP settings from the newly created domain would not have changed. BUT ... I was wrong. The custom setting I added to the domain was gone ... instead the setting I added to the service plan was added ... and also the max_execution_time had changed accordingly to the service plan.

So in very short:
- We have service plan A that grants permission to change PHP settings
- We create domain B (based on service plan)
- We add custom PHP setting to B (domain).
- We add custom PHP setting to A (service plan).
- Domain B looses custom setting and is updated according to A (service plan).

So my question is, what does "If this permission is granted, then the common PHP settings are not synced." mean?

* EDIT * In addition to this question ... how can I add custom PHP settings to different domains, while still being able to update the corresponding service plan (and domains) without loosing the custom per domain settings?

Last edited:
Back