• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission problems after upgrade

Matthew James

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I recently upgraded Plesk 10 to Plesk 11 and the upgrade failed due to not being able to chown the DUMPS directory (as it was mounted NFS share).

Since then I am having problems with permissions errors mainly with stuff in /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin. I can usually fix it by chowning psaadm:root but I don't think these permissions are correct.

I am currently having a problem when trying to remove a subdomain from the list of domains:

Unable to create Domain object:Unable to remove LogRotation object: logrot_mng failed: logrot_mng: Unable to set UID or GID: Operation not permitted System error 1: Operation not permitted

Chowning this to psaadm:root doesn't fix the problem.

Does anyone know what chown commands get run during an upgrade after it chowns the DUMP directory? Or does anyone know what permissions/ownership should be set to stop all these permissions errors in Plesk?

Thanks
Matt

Back