1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Permission Problems since upgrade to 7.5.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by warrenrb, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. warrenrb

    warrenrb Guest

    0
     
    Hi,

    We went from 7.0.2 to 7.5.1 the other day, and since the upgrade, we cannot access 'webmail.domain.com' or the cgi-bin in any of our sites.

    Also, standard forwarding domains have stopped working.

    We get a combination of 401.1, 401.2 and 401.3 permission errors.

    I followed a HOWTO on this forum regarding webmail permissions, but to no avail.

    Anyone else having these problems? Anyone able to help?

    Is there a way to roll back to 7.0.2, or is that risky?

    Thanks,
    Warren.
     
  2. warrenrb

    warrenrb Guest

    0
     
    Well, we fixed it. Maybe our solution will help others.

    It turned out that the 'Additional' folder in the Plesk install folder (C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional) needed read permission access for the 'psacln' group (which contains all your IUSR accounts).

    So, while we thought the problem was that the IUSR accounts didn't have access to the webmail folder, it was actually PHP they didn't have access to (webmail uses PHP - we don't for our sites).

    Likewise CGI-BIN wasn't working because of a lack of access to Perl, not the CGI-BIN as first thought.

    Hope this helps someone.

    Cheers,
    Warren.
     
Loading...