• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

permissions on virtual directories

A

alastair

Hello all,

It looks like virtual directories aren't being assigned the correct permissions as when I browse to a directory created in Plesk, it prompts the user for a username/password. Now I know this can be changed manually using Remote Desktop/Terminal Services, however my clients don't have access to this and so it makes it impossible for them to set permissions correctly. I've tried running websrvmng --reconfigure-all and running the Plesk Reconfigurator tool, but am having no joy with this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alastair

does this happen always on every try or occasionally..

if ooccasionally, try to create again...?

I am having a similair problem, it seems that my system keeps resetting its permissions also, they can view the site but they don't have write access to it, this is getting annoying

I have just installed Plesk 7.0.3 on my W2003 server - I have never used Plesk before. I have raised a support ticket on this issue because I have found that all the new virtual folders have only list permissions. I assumed that I had done something wrong (usual reason :)) but this sounds suspiciously like the same problem!

I am trying to setup a virtual directory to allow a number of sites to use a directory in one of the other domains on the server. When I do that it gives me the login prompt as well. After logging in it gives me an error saying that the directory does not exist or that it cannot be displayed because of security settings. Can you setup virtual directories in IIS accross sites without Plesk having a problem with it?

Back