• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permissions

W

Webplus

Hello,

I updated Plesk 7.5.6 to 7.6 and all NTFS permissions were set wrong.
Is there any command that can fix this wrong permissions?

Thanks.

You can try to use the Plesk reconfigurator to reset file permissions, but from what I noticed, in 7.6 the default permissions have changed and are a lot more secure... maybe too secure :)

They are TOO SECURE!!
The installation was sucessful, but when I did the Plesk Reconfigurator to fix some problems, all my big problems started.
It blocks Plesk access to SmarterMail, MS SQL, asp components...
It go blocking everything it see in its front!!!

SW Soft needs to fix it!

Maybe my problem with Spamassassin not working has something about the wrong permissions...

In this moment, I tried to fix as many permissions as I know, manually.

Did you had any problems with permissions too??

I had problems with ColdFusion on the default web site in IIS and a few other minor things, but I prefer set the exceptions manually rather than be insecure.

In my oppinion Plesk 7.6, although it gives a lot of headaches, it's much more secure than the previous versions and I like it that way.

I had such problem:
Coldfusion, system32, all httpdocs content on all web sites had full deny to psacln group. Because of that all web sites about 1500 required authentication.
I've contacted SWSOFT about this issue (we are partner). They send me %plesk_bin%\psaobsolete.dll for replacement.
Then I've dropped all permissions to vhosts(leaved only system and administrators) and recreated them by Reconfigurator.
But however I had to give psacln and psaserv groups read/execute permissions to Coldfusion manually.
I am unable to attach this file here because it is about 3MB.
But I think that they'll send this file to you too.

What this .dll changes?? Only the vhosts permissions?
I think the vhosts dir have the right permissions for me. At least, all websites are running fine :D

Tell me more about this .dll, please.

I just asked this from swsoft too. I just restored 2 CF domains from a Plesk 7.5.6 server (after SWsoft provided me a dll to overwrite as I got some funky errors) but sitepreview doesn't work!

Any ideas? I suspect it's a file permission problem on the defualt web site.

Webplus, you say your websites are running fine, are you using CF on your server? Can you please check the sitepreview?

Thanks!

The new permissions have stopped a lot of our scripts from operating as they should, which is proving to be a big pain!

Is there any way to revert back to 7.5.6, or better still, use the permissions from 7.5.6.

Help!

I get errors on all asp components running on the server.
Giving full permission on everyone on the system32 folder even doesn't work.

I realy 'd like a sollution :(

I've managed to fix it.
the "persits" components where the only ones left, and they have a bin diretory in program files with denie on all propersies for the alc users

Back