• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Personal FTP repository on ports other then 21

X

xmuskrat

Is it possible to setup a Personal FTP repository to connect to a remote FTP sever on port 2121 instead of 21?

hostname:port

use the hostname:port syntax, such as:

your.hostname.com:2121

on second thought

Actually, the hostname:port syntax works when setting up the personal FTP repository (I see Plesk connect successfully then immediately disconnect), but the actual backup has a problem with the address.

Any backup task will fail when using a FTP repository using the hostname:port syntax with the following error:

"Unable to parse options: Bad FTP file format at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 293."

I tracked this error down in plesk_agent_manager and hostname:port apparently fails the following Perl regular expression test:

"if ($outputFile =~ /^ftp:\/\/(?:([^:mad:]*)(?::([^:]*))?@)?([^\/:mad:]+)\/(.*?)([^\/]*?)$/)"

What's odd is that when I initiate a backup job to the personal FTP repository, Plesk actually logs in then immediately out of the FTP before failing with the error. This appears to be a bug, so hopefully Parallels will address it accordingly.

Back