1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Personal FTP repository on ports other then 21

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by xmuskrat, Dec 14, 2008.

1. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

Is it possible to setup a Personal FTP repository to connect to a remote FTP sever on port 2121 instead of 21?

2. tasty

tasty Guest

hostname:port

use the hostname:port syntax, such as:

your.hostname.com:2121

3. tasty

tasty Guest

on second thought

Actually, the hostname:port syntax works when setting up the personal FTP repository (I see Plesk connect successfully then immediately disconnect), but the actual backup has a problem with the address.

Any backup task will fail when using a FTP repository using the hostname:port syntax with the following error:

"Unable to parse options: Bad FTP file format at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 293."

I tracked this error down in plesk_agent_manager and hostname:port apparently fails the following Perl regular expression test:

"if ($outputFile =~ /^ftp:\/\/(?:([^:mad:]*)(?::([^:]*))?@)?([^\/:mad:]+)\/(.*?)([^\/]*?)$/)"

What's odd is that when I initiate a backup job to the personal FTP repository, Plesk actually logs in then immediately out of the FTP before failing with the error. This appears to be a bug, so hopefully Parallels will address it accordingly.

4. tasty

tasty Guest

This thread should be merged or removed in favor of thread 85487.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009