• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

php 4.4.0 open_basedir problem

N

netpresent

Guest
please help me: php 4.4.0 weiird open_basedir problem

I am having a very weird open_basedir problem since i upgraded to php 4.4.0.

No matter if I set the value for open_basedir to / in /etc/php.ini or vhost.conf, phpinfo() still shows the following local value for open_basedir:

/home/httpd/vhosts/{domain.name}/httpdocs:/tmp

That's the value that is written in the httpd.include files, but I thought I could overwrite that in vhost.conf. I can actually overwrite other values with vhost.conf, e.g. the magic quotes, but not open_basedir...

I wouldn't mind changing a skeleton file for httpd.include either, if I only knew where it was. Or is this hard-coded into plesk somehow?

Very puzzled,
any help or hint would be appreciated...

Joempie
 
swsoft doesn't know?

i would expect someone at swsoft to know why some php values can be set in vhost.conf, but open_basedir cannot?

please?
 
In vhost.conf do this:
<Directory /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs>
php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Directory>

I run PHP 4.4.0 from ART and have no problems with this setting.
 
Re: swsoft doesn't know?

Originally posted by netpresent
i would expect someone at swsoft to know why some php values can be set in vhost.conf, but open_basedir cannot?

please?
First, this forum is for Plesk USERS to help each other. Plesk staff do not use this forum by policy.

Second, open_basedir is not Plesk specific, has been covered in many many posts before, is not difficult to find by using search, other documentation is readily found such as php.net
 
Back
Top