• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php 4,php5 information

F

funky123

Hi

ai m trying to gather all in depth information on php 4, and 5 installs in plesk for windows 8.1 and 8.2 versions any links /kbs will bel be really helpful

i have a few basic questions like hows php insalled by default with plesk such as CGI/CLI or ISAPI

how can different domains be run like a few has CGI and others as ISAPI( what exactly is difference)

ISAPI workswith IIS i know but how does CGI works..

Hi,

>i have a few basic questions like hows php insalled by default with plesk such as CGI/CLI >or ISAPI

It depends on the hosting configuration of the domain(setup page on the domain in Plesk).

>how can different domains be run like a few has CGI and others as ISAPI( what exactly is >difference)

It is configured in IIS(.php handler)

It is considered that ISAPI mode more fast than CGI but CGI is more stable.

Plesk 8.3 has an option to run php in fastcgi mode that combine speed and reliability.

>ISAPI workswith IIS i know but how does CGI works..

Briefly it can be imagined in this way:

IIS call php.exe(php-cgi.exe) to parse .php files, php returns and answer back to IIS.

Back