• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP 5.3.10 (ART) and Application Vault - 500 - Internal Server Error

AlexandreS

New Pleskian
Hello,

With PHP 5.3.10 (from ART repo) Plesk's 10.4.4 Application Vault doesn't work:

500 - Internal Server Error

It works fine with PHP 5.3.3

ART's PHP 5.3.10 will also update mysql, mysql-libs and mysql-server to version 5.5.21-3

The only thing I could find about this is in this log:

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi: relocation error: /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so: symbol strmov, version libmysqlclient_16 not defined in file libmysqlclient_r.so.16 with link time reference
2012-02-25 10:29:52: (mod_fastcgi.c.2482) unexpected end-of-file (perhaps the fastcgi process died): pid: 22293 socket: unix:/usr/local/psa/tmp/sw-engine.sock-0
2012-02-25 10:29:52: (mod_fastcgi.c.3265) response not received, request sent: 1223 on socket: unix:/usr/local/psa/tmp/sw-engine.sock-0 for /admin/index.php , closing connection

Can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Alexandre

I have the same problem. Called my Server Support team and they basically told me not to even use the Applications Vault in the first place.

I use Debian with PHP 5.3.10 from Dotdeb org and there has not been any problems with application vault whatsoever - so I highly suspect the problem is not with PHP version. However, we previously tried to upgrade Debian Lenny's default MySQL 5.0 to MySQL 5.1 from Dotdeb, and this caused problems with application vault as there wasn't compatible ODBC driver.

I highly suspect that the reason for the problem is that application vault furthermore Plesk itself is not compatible with MySQL 5.5. You should revert it back to 5.0/5.1 from the original system repository.

furthermore Plesk itself is not compatible with MySQL 5.5. You should revert it back to 5.0/5.1 from the original system repository.

Well, that's not completely true. Even Plesk 8.6 is very happy with 5.5 **under Centos/RHEL 5 at least **, and 10.4.4 is happy with it under Centos/RHEL 6 (with the right mysqlclient16 package at any rate!!!).

But yes, it does seem like there's an issue with the way the APS part of the panel has been coded when it comes to 5.5 compatibility, apparently looking for a particular thing in a particular place, although I'm no expert on this sort of low-level stuff so maybe I'm misreading the whole problem.

Back