1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP 5.3 support

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Gabev, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Gabev

Gabev Guest

I have Plesk Panel 10.3.1 on Ubuntu 8.04

http://kb.odin.com/en/111711
    APPLIES TO:

Plesk 10.x for Linux

Resolution
    To enable the PHP 5.3 support on the Parallels Plesk Panel server you may want to use the Autoinstaller tool or Parallel Plesk Panel graphical user interface.

1 install PHP 5.3 using Autoinstaller tool you should run the following command on your server:
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component php53

I've tried to follow this instruction and the answer was :

Warning : following components not found :php53
    You already have the latest version of products and all selected components installed.Instalation will not continue.

So ...i did check with php -v and got that php version is 5.2.4....
    how am I suppose to upgrade to php 5.3.8 which contains important security updates?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    PHP53 can be installed via Plesk autoinstaller only on Redhat based OSes. You can use PHP53 for Ubuntu from official vendor's repositories.