• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP 5.5.15 with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.45

Seahunter

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.45
Hello Forum,
I have a problem.

I want to run a website with PHP 5.5.15 on my virtual server (I know the security problems, but the site has to stay on the net for another year before it is replaced.
Operating system
Debian 10.12

Plesk Obsidian version 18.0.45

Since PHP 5.5.15 is not available in the Plesk selection menu and cannot be installed via the installer, I have to find a solution via SSH.

I have access to the server via Putty and tried the following:

First I downloaded the PHP version

localhost:~# cd /usr/local/src/
localhost:/usr/local/src# wget http://de1.php.net/get/php-5.5.15.tar.gz/from/this/mirror -O php-5.5.15.tar.gz
localhost:/usr/local/src# tar xf php-5.5.15.tar.gz

Then installed the packages

localhost:~# apt-get install make gcc libxml2-dev

localhost:/usr/local/src# cd php-5.5.15/

localhost:/usr/local/src/php-5.5.15# mkdir -p /usr/local/php-5.5.15

localhost:/usr/local/src/php-5.5.15# ./configure '--with-libdir=lib64' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--prefix=/usr/local/php-5.5.15' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php-5.5. 15/etc' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-fastcgi' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php-5.5. 15' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php-5.5.15' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php-5.5. 15' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '-- enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--with-unixODBC=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite3' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/php-5. 5. 15' '--enable-pcntl' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-gd' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli' '--with-snmp' '- -enable-soap' '--with-xsl' '--enable-xmlreader' '--enable-xmlwriter' '--enable-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-pdo-pgsql' '--with-pear=/usr/local/php-5. 5.15/pear' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-intl' '--without-pdo-sqlite' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php-5.5.15/php.d'

Up to this point everything has worked.

But when I enter make I get the message: No targets specified and no makefile found.

localhost:/usr/local/src/php-5.5.15# make
localhost:/usr/local/src/php-5.5.15# make install

Does anyone have any idea why this is stuck?

Thanks for your help

It looks like the 'configure' command was not completed successfully and did not create the necessary Makefiles.
Could you please show a few last lines of the output of the './configure....' command?

Thanks for your help

configure: error: Please reinstall the libcurl distribution -

easy.h should be in <curl-dir>/include/curl/

configure: error: Please reinstall the libcurl distribution -

easy.h should be in <curl-dir>/include/curl/
Install missing headers with:

# apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev

and repeat ./configure....

Fix it with

# cd /usr/local/include
# ln -s /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/curl curl

Back