• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP 7 extensionless files

WebDataIntel

New Pleskian
I currently have a site using PHP 5.4.16 running as an FPM application.

In my htaccess file, I have the following

<Files brushes>
SetHandler php-script
</Files>

On the root directory of the site, brushes is a php file. This allows me to have URLs like www.test.com/brushes/artist-and-forensic-brushes and www.test.com/brushes/artist-and-forensic-brushes/feather-duster-forensic-brush

The brushes script parses the URL and loads a unique page without me having to use mod_rewrite or have a bunch of sub-directories on the server.

I would like to upgrade this site to use PHP 7. However, I cannot replicate this behavior. (I have tried everything I can think of) I am willing to use either PHP 7.0 or 7.1 and run it as a CGI application, FastCGI application, or FPM application.

Hi

On a blank site I just created a .htaccess file containing:

<Files brushes>
SetHandler php-script
</Files>

I then created a file called 'brushes' in the /httpdocs/ directory containing the following code:

<?php
echo "test123";
?>

If I then go to /brushes/something/else on the site this seems to work on all versions of PHP including 7.1 and the various webserver setups. To double check I removed the .htaccess file and it did indeed break it.

What actually goes wrong with your setup?

Is there anything in the error log?

If it possible something within your 'brushes' script doesn't work in PHP 7 rather than the PHP config itself?

Rob

Back