• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP and mySQL 5

Originally posted by atomicturtle
http://www.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic-bleeding/fedora/4

These are developmental packages, with known issues. So please be advised, you'll probably havet to fight with these a bit, and they are unsupported by me.

I cannot recommend enough the urgency of migrating from FC4 to something else. There are definitely unresolved, known high risk security issues in FC4.

Thanks for the advice, You're right and I'll upgrade :)

Update problem

Hi,

I used MySQL5, PHP5 with Plesk 8.1.0 without problems. But now, I can not upgrade to Plesk 8.1.1

I got the following dependency problems on an OpenSUSE 10.0 64bit:

Code:
error: Failed dependencies:
        libmysqlclient.so.14()(64bit) is needed by psa-8.1.1-suse10.0.build81070322.17
        libmysqlclient.so.14()(64bit) is needed by psa-courier-imap-add-8.1.1-suse10.0.build81070322.17
        libmysqlclient.so.14()(64bit) is needed by psa-fileserver-1.0.0-suse10.0.build81070322.17
        libmysqlclient.so.14()(64bit) is needed by psa-libpam-plesk-8.1.1-suse10.0.build81070322.17
        libmysqlclient.so.14()(64bit) is needed by psa-qmail-1.03-suse10.0.build81070322.17

Does this mean, that e.g. psa-8.1.1-suse10.0.build81070322.17 is linked with libmysqlclient.so.14 ? I no not have this library on my system, because I don't use only libmysqlclient.so.15.

Do I have to wait for an other Plesk update, which fix this dependency problem or can I force an Update an Plesk will work libmysqlclient.so.15? I do not want to try it, because I don't think, that it would work.

Does anyone has a hint for me to fix this problem?

Ciao Alex...

PS: I think it is not a great solution, to build libmysqlclient.so.14 just for compatibility - and the question is: would this solve the problem.

Cant really help out with SuSE, but for everyone else, Ive officially released PHP 5.2.2 and Mysql 5.0.27 into the [atomic] channel for the following distros on i386 and x86_64:

Fedora Core 4
Fedora Core 5
Fedora Core 6
Fedora Core 7
CentOS 4
CentOS 5
RHEL 4
RHEL 5

Hi,

i've a RHEL3 Plesk 7.5.4, is there any chance of me to upgrade my box to MySQL 5 Php 5 through atomicturtle channel or others ???

Thanx

Not at this time. Ive had minimal success getting the CentOS3/RHEL3 environment to integrate with the new build system. I suspect that to get 5.2.2 working on a 3ES system its going to involve extensive changes. It might just be safer to upgrade.

Hi, do you mean about Plesk upgrade to 8.1 or Os upgrade?

thanx

I hate upgrade OS on a box far from my hands so i will buy a new one and psadump my client/domains, what OS do you suggest me ? CentOS4 or RHEL4?

They're identical really, the only difference is that CentOS costs less (free) and that it also uses yum in addition to up2date for updates.

Hi atomicturtle,

is it safe for me (RHEL3/Plesk 7.5.4) to upgrade via yum/atomicturtle rep to MySQL 4.1 ??

Have i to perform mysql_fix_privilege_tables ??

thanx

Hello Atomic or someone,
Can I upgrade MySQL 4.22 to MySQL 5.0.27 through ART? Won't I have any trouble?

PHP: 5.0.4 ART
PLESK: 8.1.1

Thanks a lot for your confirmation.

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Yep, you can go to Mysql 5.0.27 and PHP 5.2.2. I may have some newer mysql packages (5.0.41) out in another week or so.

I won't have any trouble with Horde, right?

Thanks a lot.

P.S.: Spamassassin 3.2 is available, in ART any ETA?

Back